Michelle's independent resources for ESL Students at Vancouver Community College

This is a Canadian ESL blog for Intermediate and Advanced Students who want to learn and improve their English. Each PAGE above contains thousands of free English lessons, tutorials and practice exercises to help you learn and improve your English grammar, reading, listening, pronunciation, speaking, writing and editing. Some of the resources are Canadian. Others are from around the world.

The resources on this Canadian blog are all free, and I spend a lot of my time working on it, so please consider becoming a SUPPORTER. I appreciate all the support I get. It is the fuel that keeps me going.

Membership is FREE.

NOTE: To leave a comment, click on the word "comment" at the bottom of the page. A comment page will pop up.


Monday, May 9, 2011

A Few Good Online Practice Links

I have added a few new online links in the reading, vocabulary and writing section and grammar section. For the writing, simply go over and check it out. Both Paragraph Writing and Paragraph Writing Practice are excellent places to start with the concept of just what is involved in a paragraph.  In the grammar section I have added an entire book. Yes,. this is an entire grammar book which the writer has given permission to be freely used by anyone.It's called the The Power of Words Grammar and  has chapters on all the grammar points that you would expect to see in an Upper Inrermediate grammar book. Definitely  check it out.
Another useful link is the Longman Vocabulary Book  You can find it in the Vocabulary section. Longman is one of  the major publishers of ESL material and is very well respected  The book is divided into chapters with word parts, dictionary use, context clues, etc. It is also set up in way that you that in which  you can use it as a beginner, intermediate or advanced student.

I hope you  have fun with these new websites for practicing. 

It would be great if you left a comment on your impressions of this site. Are the links useful? Which ones do you prefer? What else would you like to see on this blog? I have just learned how to do pages, so I will be added some specific exercises of my own as soon as I get some time between teaching and marking.

2 comments:

  1. This is my first message. Please don't delete it. Thanks
    jsh39shd2 [url=http://hsk39sg3.com]link[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I assume you can make your own flashcards without having to use a program that you have to pay for?
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a web site, or a Google account, click on Name/URL and simply leave your name. You do NOT need to be a member to leave a comment.