Michelle's independent resources for ESL Students at Vancouver Community College

This is a Canadian ESL blog for Intermediate and Advanced Students who want to learn and improve their English. Each PAGE above contains thousands of free English lessons, tutorials and practice exercises to help you learn and improve your English grammar, reading, listening, pronunciation, speaking, writing and editing. Some of the resources are Canadian. Others are from around the world.

The resources on this Canadian blog are all free, and I spend a lot of my time working on it, so please consider becoming a SUPPORTER. I appreciate all the support I get. It is the fuel that keeps me going.

Membership is FREE.

NOTE: To leave a comment, click on the word "comment" at the bottom of the page. A comment page will pop up.


Saturday, April 27, 2013

What's New and Different?


Hi there folks!  I;m sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I've been extremely busy, but that doesn't mean I have forgotten you. 

Daily Listening Speaking  Activities  

If you are interested in practicing listening and speaking everyday, but don't have an organized plan or system, go to my  HOMEWORK  page.  

I have been teaching Listening and Speaking classes for the past two terms.  Every day I post a lot of specific listening and speaking activities.  I usually try to include a variety of types of listening activities:

Some of these include: 

  • Listening practice ( TOEFL, IELTS,  TOEIC) 
  • Listening and speaking skill based practice 
  • news quizzes ( ESL News and regular news)
  • video quizzes
  • songs 
  • long and short dialogues
  • mini lectures and talks 
  • Podcasts 
  • weather forecasts  
  • TV show recommendations 
  • pronunciation activities

I have also started to add focused grammar listening, and grammar drills aimed at specific problems many students have. 


TV. Movie and News Pages To Come :  

Some of my future plans for the blog include setting up a TELEVISION and MOVIE page with a lot of good information and links about TV shows and movies along with some activities.  I also plan to create a NEWS page with a variety of tips, exercises and links on  how to listen to, read and understand both slow ESL newcasts  created specifically for ESL students, and  regular newcasts  with online interactive activities. 


Please Let Me know How I'm Doing  


How do you like the  blog so far?  Is there anything I'm NOT putting on here that you would like to see or read?  

Please let me know what I am doing well and in which areas I could improve. Although this blog is something I do for love of my students and ESL learners all over the world,  I don't get much feedback online. One comment from a reader makes all the work I put into this worth something. 

If you don't know how to leave a comment, go to the left hand side of he page and read the post I wrote on How to Write a Comment 






2 comments:

  1. Good Information. Kalakutir Pvt Ltd provides the high-quality Flex Board Printing Service and Epoxy Paint Flooring & Coating at affordable prices.
    Epoxy Paint Flooring & Coating

    ReplyDelete
  2. sampleassignment.com is the leading academic writing service in Australia. We provide a variety of writing services such as Assignment Writing, Essay Writing, Dissertation Writing, and Coursework Writing. We have a staff of qualified writers who can meet your requirements. We are here to help you with your academic life, whether you need assistance with a school assignment or you are studying abroad. Order from Accounting Assignment Help and get your assignment completed on time.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a web site, or a Google account, click on Name/URL and simply leave your name. You do NOT need to be a member to leave a comment.